- 1A situation that causes delay, especially to a journey.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lengthy traffic jams and hold-ups are now a daily norm with an estimated 700 plus vehicles being carried on this roadway at evening peak time.
- The A64 hold-ups delay deliveries and meetings.
- If someone already has half a day to spare to make this journey, they are not going to be so worried at losing the time they already build into their journeys to account for the delays and hold-ups they expect to encounter.
- 2A robbery conducted with the use of threats or violence: three dead in armored car holdupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She said a ‘real spate’ of armed hold-ups, burglaries and car thefts had left the local community feeling scared and vulnerable.
- In this exploration of armed hold-ups, convicted armed robbers speak candidly about how they conduct their crimes and about the terror that they deliberately create.
- Many burglaries, hold-ups and car thefts are also never properly investigated.