1 Music Characterized by the movement of accompanying parts in the same rhythm as the melody. Often contrasted with polyphonic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Settings are for three or four voices, mainly syllabic and homophonic, with the melody in the top voice.
- This homophonic choral music merged into now fully notated instrumental dance music, such as the famous collection assembled in 1557 by Attaignant.
- I also encourage students to focus on how the melody and harmony interrelate, particularly in homophonic textures.
2 another term for homophonous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, Jared, Levy, and Rayner have recently presented evidence that phonological mediation (i.e., as measured by failure to detect homophonic word errors) is restricted to low-frequency words, and to relatively poor readers.
- Now these are amusing errors, presumably secretarial in origin, but homophonic mistakes of this type have sometimes made their marks on the language.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Or perhaps the fact that the two have homophonically similar names has something to do with it.
- Sor's musical form is predicated on the idea of contrasting one melody homophonically with a second melody.
- Here the chorus sings mostly homophonically against a simple but striking orchestration.
Palabras que riman con homophonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ho·mo·phon·ic
Definición de homophonic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda