- (Of a word or words) having the same pronunciation as another or others but different meaning, origin, or spelling.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Consequently both are described as homophonous words.
- Chinese is by reputation much more homophonous than English.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By setting one voice against three, Byrd masterfully harnesses the emphatic qualities of both polyphony and homophony: the text repetition of the former and the clarity and unity of the latter.
- Note that I'm not denying that languages can and do differ in their relative amounts of homophony, word-sense ambiguity and lexical category ambiguity.
- Being raised in a Lutheran tradition, my vocal writing is largely chorale style homophony contrasting with traditional contrapuntal textures.
Más definiciones de homophonousDefinición de homophonous en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional