sustantivoNorth American • informal
- A prison.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After lunch, visitors stroll through downtown, most paying particular attention to the old Jail Tree: Lacking a proper hoosegow, the town chained bandits to its enormous trunk.
- This, along with a $10 million deal cut with Papua New Guinea and a hoosegow built on Christmas Island, came to be known as the Pacific Solution and was the act that finally aroused some Australians to protest their government's policies.
- Selena, mother of two junior high schoolers, has drawn the line against television, and it's landed both her kids in the hoosegow.
early 20th century: via Latin American Spanish from Spanish juzgado 'tribunal', from Latin judicatum 'something judged', neuter past participle of judicare.
Más definiciones de hoosegowDefinición de hoosegow en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional