- Feeling or inspiring optimism about a future event: a hopeful sign [with clause]: he remained hopeful that something could be worked outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, their bright and hopeful view of the future certainly stayed in my mind.
- Certainly they are in good form at the moment and will be very hopeful of progressing to the next stage.
- The Big Bang cosmology has an immense ideological appeal in a society without any hopeful vision of the future.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person likely or hoping to succeed: a leading gubernatorial hopefulMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Other young hopefuls will be hoping to impress on their three - match tour.
- TV's Pop Idol gripped the nation as thousands of young hopefuls competed for the prize of a record contract.
- Everyone is hoping interest rates remain low and that the young hopefuls still come to the city with their outsize hopes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On his ceiling he has scribbled several sentences, which define hope and hopefulness.
- But nonetheless there's a sense of hopefulness and optimism based on what happened in our family.
- What divides them is his agnosticism and cynicism versus their faith and hopefulness.