- 1Feeling or causing despair about something: his situation was obviously hopeless Jessica looked at him in mute hopeless appealMás ejemplos en oraciones
despairing, desperate, wretched, forlorn, pessimistic, defeatist, resigned; dejected, downhearted, despondent, demoralized• archaic woebegoneirremediable, beyond hope, lost, beyond repair, irreparable, unfixable, irreversible; helpless, incurable; impossible, no-win, unwinnable, futile, unworkable, impracticable, useless• archaic bootless
- That delicious uncertainty has been replaced by despairing, hopeless inevitability.
- Finally, never leave the examination hall in despair, however hopeless things may seem.
- In the light of the authorities to which I have already referred, that ground of appeal was clearly hopeless.
- 2Inadequate; incompetent: I’m hopeless at namesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The staff were good on smiles and sartorial smartness, but fairly hopeless at actually doing what was required of them.
- My problem was that I was brilliant at English but hopeless at maths.
- When will governments learn they are hopeless at running businesses?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then she would cry great gulping sobs of despair and misery and hopelessness.
- I just feel myself sinking deeper into hopelessness and the worst depression I've ever felt.
- In these two years there has been some reflection, much sadness, some hopelessness and some hope.