(also horn poppy)
Definición de horned poppy en inglés:
A Eurasian poppy with grayish-green lobed leaves, large flowers, and a long curved seed capsule.
- Genus Glaucium, family Papaveraceae: several species, in particular the yellow horned poppy (G. flavum), which has become naturalized in the US, especially along the coast from Massachusetts to Virginia
- Its odd common name of horned poppy refers to its almost foot-long curved seed pods that arch as they ripen.
- My last stars of the fall garden are the horned poppies, Glaucium flavum and Glaucium grandiflorum.
- You may also find yellow horned poppies, crocuses and orchids, depending on the terrain.
Definición de horned poppy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan