(also horn poppy)
- A Eurasian poppy with grayish-green lobed leaves, large flowers, and a long curved seed capsule.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Glaucium, family Papaveraceae: several species, in particular the yellow horned poppy (G. flavum), which has become naturalized in the US, especially along the coast from Massachusetts to Virginia
- Its odd common name of horned poppy refers to its almost foot-long curved seed pods that arch as they ripen.
- My last stars of the fall garden are the horned poppies, Glaucium flavum and Glaucium grandiflorum.
- You may also find yellow horned poppies, crocuses and orchids, depending on the terrain.
Más definiciones de horned poppyDefinición de horned poppy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional