sustantivo (plural horneros)
- A tropical American bird of the ovenbird family, often building its ovenlike mud nest on the top of a fence post. Also called ovenbird.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Furnarius, family Furnariidae: several species, in particular the rufous hornero (F. rufus)
- The chalk-browed mockingbird, rufous-bellied thrush and brown-and-yellow marshbird reject pure white cowbird eggs, while the rufous hornero rejects eggs according to size.
- What is interesting is that the rufous hornero laboriously build a new nest every year, abandoning their nests to be used by other animals.
- Also seen along the way into town were red-legged seriema, crested tyrant, rufous horneros, white-rumped swallows and blue and white swallows.
late 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'baker'.
Más definiciones de horneroDefinición de hornero en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional