Definición de horseleech en inglés:
A large predatory leech of freshwater and terrestrial habitats that feeds on carrion and small invertebrates.
- Genus Haemopis, family Hirudidae
- These men were looked upon as ‘ravening wolves, horseleeches and shearers,’ from whom no man was safe.
- As the horseleech is never satisfied, often continuing to gorge itself until it bursts, so self-love is never contented, crying ‘Give, give.’
- Pistol once again brings attention to the seamy side of war, in his declaration that in France they will be like horseleeches, sucking blood.
Definición de horseleech en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan