- A raised elongated block of the earth’s crust lying between two faults.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These faults bound horsts, grabens and tilted blocks.
- The area is characterized by a series of low-relief Jurassic horsts and graben.
- The main effect of the orogeny in southeastern Utah was to uplift the Uncompahgre High, a horst composed of Precambrian strata, which is bound on its southwestern flank by a major reverse fault.
late 19th century: from German Horst 'heap'.
Más definiciones de horstDefinición de horst en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional