sustantivo (plural hostilities)
- 1Hostile behavior; unfriendliness or opposition: their hostility to all outsidersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Such was the anger and hostility among the callers that one official refused to take any more calls.
- In fact they will probably go along with it, not wanting to attract further hostility from the military.
- Any identity built on hostility to others can change the object of its hostility as easily as a man changes his coat.
- 1.1 (hostilities) Acts of warfare: he called for an immediate cessation of hostilitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Plans were made for a second campaign but renewed hostilities in Gaul delayed action until the following year.
- VE Day passed by with little impact on those still engaged in hostilities in the Far East.
- Many of those people know perfectly well that they will be engaged in hostilities.
late Middle English: from French hostilité or late Latin hostilitas, from Latin hostilis (see hostile).