(also house fly)
Definición de housefly en inglés:
sustantivo (plural houseflies)
A common small fly occurring worldwide in and around human habitation. Its eggs are laid in decaying material, and the fly can be a health hazard due to its contamination of food.
- Musca domestica, family Muscidae
- Only the Cyclorrapha, which includes Drosophila and the common housefly, Musca domestica, have a bicoid gene.
- The diverse group of fly species called schizophorans includes houseflies, fruit flies, and flesh-burrowing blowflies.
- You probably will recognize some of the suspects: horsefly/deer fly, stable fly, housefly, black fly, hornfly, face fly, culicoides, and mosquito.
Definición de housefly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan