Definición de humiliate en inglés:
Make (someone) feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and self-respect, especially publicly: you’ll humiliate me in front of the whole school!
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They stripped him of his dignity and tried humiliating him by showing him throughout the world.
- If I'm out in public with a woman who is doing her best to embarrass or humiliate me, I'll walk away.
- I've known my friend for a long time, but she humiliates me in front of my other friends.
belittle, cause to feel small, cause to lose face
informal show up, put down, cut down to size, take down (a peg or two), put someone in their place, make someone eat crow
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But public humiliation has become taboo at work, indicting the humiliator more than the humiliated.
- It wanted to humiliate the humiliators and to be seen to be morally in charge.
- Mixed with distress and shame is intense rage at his humiliators.
Palabras que riman con humiliateaffiliate, ciliate, conciliate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda