Definición de hunger strike en inglés:
A prolonged refusal to eat, carried out as a protest, typically by a prisoner.
- When the meeting promised for Monday morning did not materialise, the detainees began a hunger strike.
- She's adamant that she'll begin an indefinite hunger strike once she reaches jail.
- In Turkish prisons eight people are on hunger strike in protest at prison isolation.
hunger striker sustantivo
- Example sentences
- A spokesperson for the hunger striker said that Congress had given itself fat salaries and pensions while the needs of the vast majority of retired workers were constantly overlooked.
- With parents and siblings and spouse and children sitting around the hunger striker's bedside, he knew that the last thing he would do for them was to break their hearts and their happiness.
- He was jailed as a freedom rider, arrested as a war protester and, at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as a hunger striker against nuclear weapons.
Definición de hunger strike en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan