- Many of the decorative species and hybrids are reasonably hardy plants.
- Red varieties derived from hybrids of all these species are also available today.
- The animals were hybrids of different breeds, of which one was predominant.
- To this end, firms have created hybrids combining elements of free code with code that is licensed for cash.
- I mean this episode tonight is a hybrid of different TV shows.
- With no lineouts, no meaningful scrums and all players having to be greyhounds, it's a hybrid of rugby union.
- In present-day usage, despite Fowler's strictures, concern for classical and linguistic purity is minimal and the coining of etymological hybrids is casual and massive.
- That is a hybrid between the words create and reality that you made up.
- An example of a Spanish-Aztec hybrid word is chibola, the Nicaraguan word for bottled soda.
- It will be a rear wheel drive full hybrid making it able to travel at low speeds under electric propulsion alone.
- Officials will not give specific figures but say fuel economy will be equivalent to that of a compact car, and the hybrid will produce fewer emissions than a standard SUV.
- There are many corporations offering incentives such as free parking to those who drive hybrids.
- But at the same time, he teases out of the monitor a hybrid video stream composed of diverse elements, synthesized and reordered.
- Some comments really do conjure hybrid cities and mixed realities.
- For many the gaming elements of a hybrid device could be a turn-off.
- The debate over whether or not to use hybrid varieties becomes very different when you switch from big-time agriculture to home gardening.
- There are well over 300 species of Dianthus, including hundreds of hybrid varieties.
- One advantage of male-sterile plants is in the production of hybrid varieties of some species that currently are difficult and expensive to produce in quantity.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This hybridism is particular to all the Islamic movements described, in Turkey, France and Germany: Muslims reflect Muslim values but also employ western forms of self-representation.
- I am a product of this post-apartheid hybridism.
- This is where the hybridism of all cultures in media spaces stops.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Inspired by news items about cloning and the duel concepts of cultural opposition and hybridity, he melded the peaceful birds with fiercer creatures of prey and perched them all on a fence.
- As always, the weekend sidestage shows that will take place during the day on July 27 and 28 are sure to be a source of musical innovation and cultural hybridity.
- In their own individual ways, all these artists reflect - and reflect upon - this cultural hybridity.
Early 17th century (as a noun): from Latin hybrida 'offspring of a tame sow and wild boar, child of a freeman and slave, etc'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: hy·brid
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.