- Relating to or denoting the generation of electricity using flowing water (typically from a reservoir held behind a dam or other barrier) to drive a turbine that powers a generator.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To generate electricity, we use hydroelectric power, coal and nuclear energy.
- Electricity generated through the use of waterwheels or hydraulic turbines is known as hydroelectric power.
- This followed, in turn, the construction of dams in the various catchments, for irrigation and/or hydroelectric power generation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This changed only when a way of extracting the metal using cheap hydroelectricity was developed.
- Under normal circumstances, hydroelectricity contributed between 15 and 20 per cent to the national power production, but recently that has increased to 40 per cent.
- It is likely that nuclear fission, hydroelectricity, wind power and direct solar power will be important sources for future electricity generation.
Más definiciones de hydroelectricDefinición de hydroelectric en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional