Definición de hydrolyze en inglés:
verbo[with object] Chemistry
1Break down (a compound) by chemical reaction with water.
- This compound is hydrolyzed to nitrate and carbonate and the net effect of this reaction is prevention of nitration and oxidative damage.
- The water fractions (containing soluble phenolics) were hydrolyzed under alkaline conditions.
- Amides are hydrolysed to ammonium salts with catalysis by acids or alkalis.
1.1 [no object] Undergo chemical breakdown due to reaction with water.
- When in contact with aqueous media, the methoxymethyl group slowly hydrolyses, freeing the diazeniumdiolate ion so that it can rapidly dissociate its two NO molecules.
- Metal oxides are not the only substances that hydrolyze to produce hydroxide ions and basic solutions.
- In these particular environments, the iron hydrolyzes essentially, as hydroxyls begin to agglomerate around the iron and settle down to the bottom of this lake material.
Definición de hydrolyze en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India