verbo[with object] Chemistry
- 1Break down (a compound) by chemical reaction with water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This compound is hydrolyzed to nitrate and carbonate and the net effect of this reaction is prevention of nitration and oxidative damage.
- The water fractions (containing soluble phenolics) were hydrolyzed under alkaline conditions.
- Amides are hydrolysed to ammonium salts with catalysis by acids or alkalis.
- 1.1 [no object] Undergo chemical breakdown due to reaction with water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When in contact with aqueous media, the methoxymethyl group slowly hydrolyses, freeing the diazeniumdiolate ion so that it can rapidly dissociate its two NO molecules.
- Metal oxides are not the only substances that hydrolyze to produce hydroxide ions and basic solutions.
- In these particular environments, the iron hydrolyzes essentially, as hydroxyls begin to agglomerate around the iron and settle down to the bottom of this lake material.
Más definiciones de hydrolyzeDefinición de hydrolyze en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional