Definición de hydrozoan en inglés:
A coelenterate of the class Hydrozoa, such as a hydra or Portuguese man-of-war.
- The difference between most hydrozoans and most scyphozoans is that in hydrozoans, the polyp stage usually predominates, with the medusa small or sometimes absent.
- There are three subgroups within the cnidarians that have medusae, cubozoans, hydrozoans, and scyphozoans.
- Scyphozoan medusae differ from those of hydrozoans in lacking a velum.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting hydrozoans.
- Getting hooked up with an animal like Donax seemed a very clever trick of hydrozoan evolution.
- Many hydrozoan species perform large vertical diel migrations, which may bring individuals together in spawning aggregations.
- The pinnacle of hydrozoan colonial complexity can be found in members of the Family Siphonophora.
Definición de hydrozoan en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan