The erroneous use of a word form or pronunciation based on a false analogy with a correct or prestigious form, such as between you and I for the standard between you and me.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's interesting that everyone, prescriptivists and anti-prescriptivists alike, seems to think that hypercorrection is wrong, morally as well as logically.
- It's clearly not hypercorrection, since the move is away from a more standard variant.
- Haeri argues that this is a result of hypercorrection.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And not even Strunk would prefer ‘We the persons’ in this case, where the joke is a hypercorrect application of one of Strunk's little peeves.
- In cases like terlet, this produces a form which is not only hypercorrect, but also in fact non-existent in the more prestigious form of speech.
Definición de hypercorrection en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda