An excess of blood in the vessels supplying an organ or other part of the body.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The physician thoroughly examines the esophagus for signs of inflammation, hyperemia, ulcerations, or strictures.
- However, in a pilot study, the instrument successfully measured reactive hyperemia following pressure in healthy volunteers.
- Heat should not be applied to an acutely injured ankle joint because it encourages swelling and inflammation through hyperemia.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The slightly edematous and hyperemic appendix was removed by laparoscopic surgery.
- The researchers also noted that following training there was a reduced reactive hyperemic flow (blood flow after cuff deflation).
- The lungs were hyperemic and the alveolar spaces distended by neutrophils-morphologically very similar to early bacterial pneumonia.
Definición de hyperemia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional