Definición de hyperparathyroidism en inglés:
An abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium.
- The high phosphorous content of soft drinks might cause secondary hyperparathyroidism, leading to bone loss.
- The diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism depends on plasma calcium concentration.
- The guidelines in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid carcinoma are not accurate.
- Example sentences
- This condition results from overactive hyperparathyroid glands - a condition in which your parathyroid glands produce too much parathyroid hormone.
- In the study by Lloyd, the specific hyperparathyroid disorder of osteitis fibrosa was used as an indicator of skeletal disease.
Definición de hyperparathyroidism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan