Definición de hypersonic en inglés:
1Relating to speeds of more than five times the speed of sound (Mach 5).
- In the case of X - 43, the thrust will propel the vehicle at hypersonic speeds up to Mach 10.
- The X - 43A is the first aircraft to reach hypersonic speeds using an air-breathing engine.
- He remembered the planning for hypersonic flight, faster than five times the speed of sound, leading up to the X - 15 program.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, humans have been flying hypersonically for over four decades.
- The space shuttle is coasting from a very high speed and high altitude when it flies hypersonically.
- The first shock wave is created as the air in the barrel is compressed by the front of the projectile as it travels hypersonically down the barrel.
Words that rhyme with hypersonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definición de hypersonic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan