Put (something) forward as a hypothesis: it was reasonable to hypothesize a viral causality [with clause]: they hypothesize that the naturally high insulin levels result from a “thrifty gene.”
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle hypothesised that space was filled with invisible ether.
- Wolf hypothesizes a cause-and-effect relationship between women's liberation and society's ideal of beauty.
- Considering Rousseau, with whom he quarrelled, as utopian, he hypothesized an art which was morally neutral and elitist.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the story is misleading: in fact linguists are far more likely to be intrepid hypothesizers than critical snipers.
- No wonder why traders like to give efficient market hypothesizers a bad time.
- Two things are needed for this: an enthusiastic hypothesiser and an interesting subject.
Definición de hypothesize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional