Definición de hysteria en inglés:
- Various people are drunk or act strangely or approach mini entertaining hysterias - like whirlpools in cups of tea they pass quickly.
- The world cannot tolerate these old claims, most times based on sheer hysteria and emotion.
- The whole history of the US, indeed, is punctuated with scares, crazes and occasional mass hysteria.
- They never talk about a disorder called hysteria, they talk about the womb wandering.
- Freud learned from Charcot that, in order to understand hysteria, he had to look to psychology rather than to neurology.
- When these types break down they tend to develop either hysteria or mania.
In ancient times doctors (all male) regarded hysteria as a disease of women cause by a disturbance of the womb. In the early 19th-century English pathologists (also male) formed the English name from Greek hustera ‘uterus, womb’. Earlier terms for the condition had been hysteric (mid 17th century) or hysterical passion, reflecting the same view, and the vapours (mid 17th century).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.