Definición de ichor en inglés:
1.1 literary Any bloodlike fluid: tomatoes drooled ichor from their broken skins
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Just as pepper helped to mask the truth of bad meat in the Middle Ages, so does the ichor of pressed cranberries hide the raw throat-clawing quality of bad vodka.
- A group of young maidens was chosen to pour the water from one lake into another, as a symbolic conjoining of their fish-scented ichor.
1.2 archaic A watery, fetid discharge from a wound.
- Unable to even screech before the veil of death fell upon her, Solokar perished instantly, rivulets of green ichor spraying from her wounds.
- Immediately, clear ichor began to pour from the wound.
- Gun shots split ghouls' heads completely in half in a splatter of black gore and ichor.
mid 17th century: from Greek ikhōr.
- Example sentences
- Abscesses may open and discharge bloody ichorous pus.
- From the ulcer an ichorous fluid is discharged, and shreds of tissue slough off and are mixed with the changed and vitiated saliva.
- In low conditions of abscess, when pus is thin, dark, ichorous, and offensive in character, Lachesis may be the remedy.
Definición de ichor en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary