Definición de iconic en inglés:
1Of, relating to, or of the nature of an icon: language is not in general an iconic sign system
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You must be aware that you are an iconic figure in American letters.
- In this sense he's an heir apparent to iconic figures like Dylan or Johnny Cash.
- Old friends came from many parts of the country to pay their respects and remember one of the iconic figures of the showband era.
1.1(Of a classical Greek statue) depicting a victorious athlete in a conventional style.
- Though only the victor who had won three times was allowed an iconic statue.
- According to Pliny, these received 'iconic' statues in which 'the likeness was fashioned from the limbs of the athletes themselves'.
- Example sentences
- A grand sense of confidence accompanies the new materialism, and is exemplified by the towering steel needle, the Dublin Spike, which stands iconically in the very heart of the capital.
- Of the 11 omissions, the most astonishing of all has to be Honky Tonk Women - a song which is surely as iconically Stones-like as it gets.
- Love, like its iconically titled predecessor, Paradise, is simultaneously an intriguing flirtation with the mystery-novel form and an unsettling meditation on the ideas we think define us.
- Example sentences
- Traditionally, in linguistics, iconicity is understood in terms of a perceived resemblance between signifier and signified, between phonological structure and semantic structure, between sound and meaning.
- Zidane's iconicity is not just about economic fetishism that marks the celebrity stature of most sporting icons of Western capitalist countries.
- In 1999 she chose to lend her hard-earned, carefully honed iconicity to Max Factor.
Words that rhyme with iconicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definición de iconic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan