Definición de ideograph en inglés:
Another term for ideogram.
- Then ten years of school for learning the first thousand Chinese kanji ideographs, with thousands more to go.
- Later to create more words, symbols were added to pictographs to form ideographs.
- In Afrikan Alphabets, the author introduces a number of ideographs, pictographs and scripts devised and designed by Africans to express and represent a voice sound, a word, or an idea.
- Example sentences
- Their system was an integrated technology of stylus, clay, and cuneiform that was at first pictographic and became in due course ideographic and syllabographic.
- Object-naming tasks employ pictures, and kanji characters are ideographic and sometimes pictorial in nature.
- The sad truth is that even chimpanzees and rats can learn to read simple ideographic language.
Pronunciación: /ˌidēəˈɡrafik, ˌīdēə-/adjetivo
Definición de ideograph en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary