Definición de immiscible en inglés:
(Of liquids) not forming a homogeneous mixture when added together: water is immiscible with suntan oil
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are immiscible with many organic solvents, particularly linear hydrocarbons and alicyclics like cyclopentane, so can be combined either with water or with an organic solvent to form a two-phase system.
- Oil and water are immiscible liquids, but a temporary emulsion may be formed by a brisk shaking of the liquids.
- We searched for immiscible liquid phases in monolayers of two different ternary lipid mixtures.
- Example sentences
- Familiar examples are the miscibility of alcohol and water and the immiscibility of oil and water, which can be explained by intermolecular interactions.
- The non-polar groups prefer to interact with each other, and exclude water from these regions, leading to immiscibility.
- Two processes can lead to the concentration of valuable commodities: liquid immiscibility and fractional crystallization.
Definición de immiscible en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan