- They can ask us the most impertinent or rude questions but, obviously, we cannot ask, hint at or even think about anything approaching the same.
- The waiter was brusque to the point of being rude and impertinent, messed up the orders and was not particularly responsive.
- I suppose you think I'm rude and impertinent, barging in here and insisting I knew you.
- However the compilation fits together so seamlessly that it would be rather impertinent to keep on discussing individual items.
- It is so frustrating that the bleached images of the alien world are so ruggedly handsome and so unjustified and impertinent to the plot at the same time.
- The students believed that the goal of their required first-year course was to improve their writing, and for that reason my effort to pose writing as a subject of analysis was misguided at best and at worst impertinent and irrelevant.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, actually, in the interests of accuracy that should read ‘in the direction of’ as the Austrian Alps appear to have placed themselves, rather impertinently in my opinion, across the line of my intended route.
- Henry VIII, while somewhat impertinently nurturing his own little spiky number, attempted to ban beards as part of his break with the Pope.
- The roof came off years ago (to save rates), and a sycamore tree has impertinently taken root in its front room.
Late Middle English (sense 2): from Old French, or from late Latin impertinent- 'not having reference to', from Latin in- 'not' + pertinere 'pertain'.
Palabras que riman con impertinentappurtenant, pertinent
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: im·per·ti·nent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.