(Of an argument or statement) not seeming reasonable or probable; failing to convince: this is a blatantly implausible claim
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If it seems implausible to some, no matter: implausibility can never be accepted as a bar to evangelism even if it constitutes a barrier to faith.
- Science fiction cinema is no stranger to implausible robots, running the full gamut from implausibly cool to implausibly terrible.
- Of all the impossible occurrences in Fantastic Four, none seems as implausible as scientist Reed Richards's scheme to make billions of dollars by studying the human genome through the exposure of plants - yes, plants - to cosmic rays.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Presumably money lenders do keep lots of cash in and about the house, but on the face of it 2.3 million in sterling seems an implausibly excessive amount to keep in a compost bin at the bottom of your garden in Cork!
- With few exceptions, literary attempts to encapsulate the early years of life have tended to sound either implausibly precocious or excessively dumb.
- Even more implausibly they both started talking in perfect English: ‘Oh look!’