Definición de implode en inglés:
1Collapse or cause to collapse violently inward: [no object]: the windows on both sides of the room had imploded [with object]: these forces would implode the pellet to a density 100 times higher than that of lead
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The window to my left bowed inwards, then imploded in a spray of bottle-green glass and the carriage jerked violently to the side under me, slamming me into the upholstered wall.
- The south tower collapsed on itself, imploding with a force that sent up a cloud of dust and debris so dense it could be seen by satellites orbiting Earth.
- The plasma flying out from the ablation layer implodes the fuel, compressing its density about a thousand times and causing it to burn.
- Example sentences
- We've compiled a list of the most significant implosions of the recent past and the stories surrounding them.
- While we don't often hear about them, there are plenty of implosions happening in Europe.
- Even though all the buildings had exactly the same design, blasters handled the implosions differently for each phase.
Definición de implode en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary