Not suitable or proper in the circumstances: there are penalties for inappropriate behavior it would be inappropriate for me to comment
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, the ubiquity of email can lead to its use in inappropriate circumstances.
- For some reason running through a shop seems to be inappropriate behaviour.
- There are many sorts of inappropriate behaviour from which our children need protection.
unsuitable, unfitting, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, improper, impolite;
incongruous, out of place/keeping, inapposite, inapt, infelicitous, ill-suited;
informal out of order/line
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our objections have been based upon the inappropriateness of the design, scale, materials and siting of their ill conceived new building, so close to a conservation area.
- The Baroness (as she was known after her marriage to a shifty nobleman) and her friends worshipped novelty, inappropriateness, audacity, not piously but with ferocious abandon.
- Similarly, although it would not be a crime, for example, to smoke pot on the steps of Parliament or in a playground, police could increase the fine depending on the perceived inappropriateness of the act.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: in·ap·pro·pri·ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda