Not capable of being imagined or grasped mentally; unbelievable: [with clause]: it seemed inconceivable that the president had been unaware of what was going on they behaved with inconceivable cruelty
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is not at all inconceivable that a small number of them are capable of acting like idiots.
- Because the falsity of such a proposition is inconceivable, you cannot have a clear grasp of its meaning and be in doubt as to its truth.
- We find it inconceivable that his accounts were imagined or invented.
unbelievable, beyond belief, incredible, unthinkable, unimaginable, extremely unlikely;
impossible, beyond the bounds of possibility, out of the question, preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, incomprehensible
informal hard to swallow
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a mixture of both indecision and the truly solid faith in the inconceivability of a heavenly body.
- Paradox lends itself to the expression of religious ideas, especially Christian notions concerned with the doctrine of the incarnation, with its mix of divine inconceivability and worldly embodiment.
- This scandalous inconceivability - dead men talking?
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our inability to do this would prove the inconceivableness of the hypothesis.
- This argumentation is fallacious, since it confounds incomprehensibility with inconceivableness, superiority to reason with contradiction.
- [as submodifier]: a crisis of inconceivably devastating proportionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gissing is so relentlessly materalistic in his focus that the writer's life looks inconceivably horrible by the end of the book: his characters exercise their meager talents towards prostitution or invisibility.
- ‘Saw’ is a product of Twisted Pictures, and that is exactly what it is - an inconceivably warped, demented and disturbing film.
- At a gas station in southern Baghdad, an inconceivably long line of cars snakes down a road, around the corner, and up over a bridge all the way across the Tigris.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: in·con·ceiv·a·ble
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda