Definición de incuse en inglés:
An impression hammered or stamped on a coin.
- Pennsylvania marks are a coarse incuse or zig-zag border that speak of handmade stamps, and are often large (onequarter inch or more).
- Smaller coin has one square incuse and larger coin has two square incuses on obverse and rough surface on reverse.
- Although the reverse sides of these coin still have only the simple incuses, the frontal sides have diversified designs which symbolize the city the coin was issued.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Mark (a coin) with a figure by impressing it with a stamp.
- The master hub was raised or incused, because the metal was removed to leave the design of the galvano.
- The Diamonds around the rim are incused into the chip rim for the true professional look.
- Since the image is raised on the coin adhering to the die, the image on the brockage is incused and reversed - a true mirror image.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Hammered or stamped on a coin.
- These two gold coins feature an incuse design unlike any other U.S. Mint coins in history.
- A crude piece, fully incuse, on an odd shaped planchet, with edges bent over on three sides to the reverse.
- The next two have an incuse diamond marking and the fourth tube is unmarked.
early 19th century: from Latin incusus 'forged with a hammer', past participle of incudere, from in- 'into' + cudere 'to forge'.
Words that rhyme with incuseabuse, accuse, adieux, amuse, bemuse, billets-doux, blues, booze, bruise, choose, Clews, confuse, contuse, cruise, cruse, Cruz, diffuse, do's, Druze, effuse, enthuse, excuse, fuse (US fuze), Hughes, interfuse, lose, Mahfouz, mews, misuse, muse, news, ooze, Ouse, perfuse, peruse, rhythm-and-blues, ruse, schmooze, snooze, suffuse, Toulouse, transfuse, trews, use, Vaduz, Veracruz, who's, whose, youse
Definición de incuse en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan