- 1The habit or principle of being independent and self-reliant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The common thread that binds Americans stems from their individualism, self-reliance, independence, courage to take risks and readiness to challenge the impossible.
- And Scandinavians are almost 100% Protestant too - which fits with a spirit of independence and individualism.
- Self-reliance and individualism can be made meaningful for all only by first reviving the power of collective action.
- 1.1Self-centered feeling or conduct; egoism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pride, a religious term for unbridled individualism, threatens the welfare of an orderly community.
- But this requires a degree of intellectual self-renunciation which is incompatible with individualism.
- Under the shiny surface there's homelessness, ignorance, insane people on the streets, hypocrisy, a certain coldness and strong individualism in people in general.
- 2A social theory favoring freedom of action for individuals over collective or state control.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Under the heading ‘liberty’ the charter states: ‘We believe in individualism more than social determinism.’
- The original Western nineteenth-century route to modernization was associated with laissez-faire capitalism, individualism, and democracy.
- One set of beliefs expresses the commitment of a democratic society to the liberal values of justice, individualism, egalitarianism and freedom of expression.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are loners and individualists who reject activism.
- In one sense he was an individualist, a great eccentric.
- Regardless of what the New Testament says, most Christians are individualists with no real experience of community.