- 1The process of infecting or the state of being infected: strict hygiene will limit the risk of infectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This causes the skin to blister on contact, which can result in infection, sepsis, and death.
- When possible, urinary catheters should be avoided to minimise the risk of infection.
- It can also help to reduce the inflammation and infection associated with acne.
- 1.1An infectious disease: a chest infectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The rate of shedding is much lower for infections caused by herpes simplex virus type 1.
- When they do happen, they are similar to other viral infections such as glandular fever.
- If the virus is cleared with treatment, you are not immune to future infections with hepatitis C.
- 1.2 Computing The presence of a virus in, or its introduction into, a computer system.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are our own worst enemies when it comes to infection with computer viruses, but lessons do seem to be being learned.
- NTL hopes to shepherd users with virus infection to special websites to help them clean their computer.
- Once your system is patched you should update your antivirus software and run it to detect and remove virus infection.
late Middle English: from late Latin infectio(n-), from Latin inficere 'dip in, taint' (see infect).