sustantivo (plural infirmaries)
1A place in a large institution for the care of those who are ill: the prison infirmary
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When I went down to the prison infirmary, I walked down there on my own and I didn't really lose much blood.
- Her eyes opened and she stared up at him curiously, seeming not in the least bit surprised to be sleeping in the prison infirmary.
- Phineas is taken to the school's infirmary where he is cared for by Doctor Stanhope.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were also in Baghdad numerous colleges of learning, hospitals, infirmaries for both sexes and lunatic asylums.
- Nuns also provided cheap personnel for preschools, infirmaries, sanitariums, asylums, soup kitchens, and orphanages, especially in the North.
- Soon the hotel began to resemble an infirmary, with dozens of guests in various stages of illness strewn around the lobby every night.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: in·fir·ma·ry
Definición de infirmary en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda