Definición de influenza en inglés:
- Other viral illnesses include influenza, the common cold, Lassa fever, and ebola.
- Frequently referred to as the flu, influenza is a respiratory illness which is caused by a virus.
- It also caused post-flood diseases for children like influenza, diarrhea and fever.
mid 18th century: from Italian, literally 'influence', from medieval Latin influentia (see influence). The Italian word also has the sense 'an outbreak of an epidemic', hence 'epidemic'. It was applied specifically to an influenza epidemic that began in Italy in 1743, later adopted in English as the name of the disease.
- Example sentences
- ‘Homosexual’ is a really grim word, associated with saying ‘you have a disorder'. It's like saying you are a ‘influenzal’ - both defining the person by their sexuality and simultaneously defining the sexuality as a defect.
- With vaccines available for HiB as well as the usual triple antigens, influenzal vaccines and now pneumococcal vaccines - they are there to be used!
- The present invention relates to a novel influenzal vaccine for peroral administration and to a method of producing same.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.