Definición de influenza en inglés:
- Other viral illnesses include influenza, the common cold, Lassa fever, and ebola.
- Frequently referred to as the flu, influenza is a respiratory illness which is caused by a virus.
- It also caused post-flood diseases for children like influenza, diarrhea and fever.
Mid 18th century: from Italian, literally 'influence', from medieval Latin influentia (see influence). The Italian word also has the sense 'an outbreak of an epidemic', hence 'epidemic'. It was applied specifically to an influenza epidemic that began in Italy in 1743, later adopted in English as the name of the disease.
Italy saw an outbreak of a severe respiratory ailment in 1743. The English minister to Tuscany, Sir Horace Mann, wrote of Rome that ‘Everybody is ill of the Influenza, and many die’. The epidemic spread throughout Europe, and in English influenza became the general term for this type of contagious viral infection. The English shortened influenza to the more familiar flu in the mid 19th century. Italian influenza means ‘influence’ and derives from Latin fluere ‘to flow’. The Italian word also had the sense ‘an outbreak of an epidemic’, and so ‘an epidemic’. Compare malaria
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Homosexual’ is a really grim word, associated with saying ‘you have a disorder'. It's like saying you are a ‘influenzal’ - both defining the person by their sexuality and simultaneously defining the sexuality as a defect.
- With vaccines available for HiB as well as the usual triple antigens, influenzal vaccines and now pneumococcal vaccines - they are there to be used!
- The present invention relates to a novel influenzal vaccine for peroral administration and to a method of producing same.
Palabras que riman con influenzacadenza, cleanser, credenza, Penza
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.