Definición de infomania en inglés:
The compulsive desire to check or accumulate news and information, typically via cell phone or computer: Wilson warned that the rise in infomania could reduce workers' mental sharpness
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Telecommunications keep us wired to our work and to each other 24/7 as infomania increases and meaningful knowledge is more difficult to discern.
- The abuse of 'always-on' technology has led to a nationwide state of infomania, where UK workers are literally addicted to checking e-mail and text messages during meetings, in the evening at at weekends.
- There's a theory that infomania can lower our IQ.
- Example sentences
- There's the possibility of becoming an infomaniac - someone unable to get on and do anything constructive in the office because their inbox keeps pinging, their mobile keeps ringing and they couldn't possibly ignore it.
- They have prepared a guide to help you determine if you are an "info-maniac" and how to wean yourself off of it.
- Like many infomaniacs, I use the internet as my first port of call for the news.
Definición de infomania en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia