- 1A place or means of access; an entrance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Market Street, between Sauer and Harrison streets, will form part of the square, becoming an underpass, with an ingress, or entrance, in Kort Street and egress, or exit, after Harrison Street.
- Though the entrance is the same, the ingress to the entertainment area is separate from the main living space.
- 1.1The action or fact of going in or entering.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, most ports are designed for easy ingress and egress.
- Some facilities can limit their point of ingress and egress to only one or two entrances.
- And so we're working on plans to create villages on the periphery of the marshes where we can provide quick egress and ingress to go into it and back out.
- 1.3chiefly British The unwanted introduction of water, foreign bodies, contaminants, etc. into something.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was possible to deal with complaints in this way, because although the occasions of water ingress were not isolated, usually no damage was caused or any damage that was caused to stock or to decoration was of a minor nature only.
- More restoration took place in 1868 following water ingress, which caused considerable damage.
- Some apartments have been affected by water ingress.
- 2 Astronomy & Astrology The arrival of the sun, the moon, or a planet in a specified constellation or part of the sky.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mundane practitioners also make use of maps for the moments of New and Full Moons, eclipses and planetary ingresses (especially the Sun's ingress into Capricorn, which is considered an important predictive tool).
- She believes the mural depicts a celebration of the convergence of the sidereal and tropical zodiacs and the ingress of the vernal point into Pisces.
- Before the ingress into Gemini, reality was universal and all-encompassing: it was embodied in all of life's dimensions, both the seen and the unseen, as well as the knowable and unknowable.
- 2.1The beginning of a transit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the planet is completing its ingress, instead of a simple dark disk its image seems to be distorted into the form of a rain-drop, as if a thread or ligament of material has attached it to the solar limb, pulling it out of shape.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nevertheless reorganization of the tissues by ingression or delamination to form multilayered larvae does occur during embryogenesis in many sponge groups, and is considered to represent gastrulation.
- As a corollary we suggest that the primitive mode of gastrulation was by ingression or delamination, not invagination.
- The fate maps of the different vertebrates are thus similar when one looks at the relationship between the germ layers and the site of ingression of cells at gastrulation.
late Middle English (in the sense 'an entrance or beginning'): from Latin ingressus, from the verb ingredi 'enter'.