- 2 Phonetics (Of a speech sound) made with an intake of air rather than an exhalation. Compare with egressive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The letters c, q, and x are used for velaric ingressive stop consonants - clicks, as they are more usually known.
- When an affirmative ‘Yeah’ is spoken while breathing in, it is an example of ingressive speech.
- The language has an impressive, even remarkable array of consonants - oral and nasal; voiced and voiceless; egressive, ingressive, ejective, and implosive.
- 2.1(Of an airflow) inward.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Note what it feels like as you breathe in and out, and as you speak using egressive and ingressive air.
- The third type, clicks, use the velaric ingressive airstream mechanism, produced by rarefying a small volume of air enclosed in the mouth.
- The velaric ingressive airstream produces speech sounds known as ‘clicks’ which occur in double articulations in some African languages, for example, Xhosa.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An ingressive sound, e.g., a click.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like glottalic egressives, there are typically only a few glottalic ingressives in those languages which have them, most consonants are pulmonic egressive.
- Vowels, consonants, ingressives, suprasegmentals, intonation, diacritics, ejectives, implosives, diphthongs, and clicks are demonstrated.
- Also, many tribes have devised special ritualistic forms of languages that use rare sounds such as ingressives or clicks; the purpose is to make the ritual language as different as possible from other forms of speech.
Más definiciones de ingressiveDefinición de ingressive en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional