Pronunciación: /ˌinˈlā /(past and past participle inlaid) [with object] (usually be inlaid)
- 1Ornament (an object) by embedding pieces of a different material in it, flush with its surface: mahogany paneling inlaid with rosewoodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Sheraton card table between the windows is inlaid with rectangular birch panels and was made in Boston about 1805.
- The eyes themselves were originally inlaid with another material, which has unfortunately been lost.
- Some plaques are carved with dragons, phoenixes and flowers, some are even inlaid with pearls and jade.
- 1.1Embed (something) into the surface of an object: a small silver crown was inlaid in the woodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The jet buttons had been brought from 250 km away, and one of them was decorated with a cruciform design made by selectively dulling the polished surface and inlaying metallic tin, which must have been imported from south-west England.
- Carved ornaments were widely used in the Qing style furniture, into which bone and glass were frequently inlaid.
- There follows the process of outlining, inlaying gold, painting and finishing.
Pronunciación: /ˈinˌlā /Volver al principio
- 1A design, pattern, or piece of material inlaid in something: ivory inlays that decorated wooden furnishingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Both guns are spruced up with sterling thumb piece inlays on the wrist.
- You can use a router to cut mortises for hardware, to joint and trim lumber, to create recesses for decorative inlays, and much more.
- The high ceilings were arched and crossed with wooden inlays in a repeating diamond pattern.
- 1.1A material or substance that is inlaid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mosaic has been occasionally used as exterior decoration on the façades of medieval churches and modern architecture; it has also been used as a furniture inlay and to create small-scale portable pictures.
- The materials describe the natural African environment, and indigenous wood inlays and local granite were used.
- 1.2Inlaid work: the cathedral was decorated with mosaic and inlayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But a hundred years later, the revival of the earlier style would have included profuse inlay.
- They were basically copying our designs for expensive wood inlay but using their labor and materials to beat us on price.
- 1.3The technique of inlaying material.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Or maybe it is her masterful use of gold inlay, a technique derived from Renaissance artists.
- The furniture reflects both German ivory inlay and designs on textiles produced locally for the European market.
- However, the style of wood inlay can bring unique detail to your rooms.
- 2A filling shaped to fit a tooth cavity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the ninth century the Mayans placed decorative inlays in anterior teeth.
- A temporary filling is placed to protect the tooth while the laboratory uses the mould to make the inlay or onlay.
- He had the gold inlays removed from his teeth to project a better image.
- 3chiefly British A printed card or paper insert supplied with a CD, video, etc.: [as modifier]: an inlay cardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When they left I printed out some CD inlay cards for my backups, which did nothing to help achieve an early night, which was this evening's project.
- In the newer version, there would also be a machine on hand which could print the inlay and documentation at the same time - all the shop need to is supply the box and disk.
- I am also full of admiration for his enlightened essay which sheds some interesting facts on the Breughel reproduction printed on the front of the inlay card.
Más definiciones de inlayDefinición de inlay en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional