Definición de innate en inglés:
- I saw a wrong and I wanted to right it; it's just a basic innate instinct to me.
- The more we can restore innate natural poise the more we can enjoy physical harmony in activity, and in stillness.
- They love to learn, not so much to earn, but to explore their innate capacities.
- Hume maintained that Descartes was wrong to hold that we possess innate ideas of mind, God, body, and world.
- It follows that the Leibnizian theory of innate ideas is substantially correct.
- It has often been claimed that primitive mathematical notions are innate to the human mind.
late Middle English: from Latin innatus, past participle of innasci, from in- 'into' + nasci 'be born'.
nation from (Middle English):
This word came via Old French from Latin natio, from nasci, meaning ‘to be born’. The link between ‘country’ and ‘birth’ was the idea of a people sharing a common ancestry or culture. The Latin verb nasci is the source of many familiar English words connected with birth, among them innate (Late Middle English) inborn or natural; native (Late Middle English); nativity (Middle English) birth; nature (Middle English); naïve (mid 17th century); and renaissance (literally ‘rebirth’). Also related is the name of the former province of Natal in South Africa, which was first sighted by the explorer Vasco da Gama on Christmas Day 1497. He called it Terra Natalis or ‘land of the day of birth’, in recognition of Christ's birth. A similar idea lies behind Noel (Late Middle English), ‘Christmas’, which is a French word that comes ultimately from Latin natalis. England is a nation of shopkeepers is supposed to have been Napoleon's scornful dismissal of the enemy across the Channel. Napoleon was not the first to use the phrase, though; the economist Adam Smith and possibly also the American revolutionary Samuel Adams referred to ‘a nation of shopkeepers’ in 1776.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As these stories indicate, many of the habits that we consider natural or innately human are in fact cultural or socially taught.
- We seem to know innately, with our hearts, what is right, proper and just.
- Are women innately better cooks than men or vice versa?
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In reality, plasticity and innateness are almost logically separate.
- The reader not only has a thorough overview of the arguments for innateness based on linguistic analyses of syntactic structures, but the issue is reworked from several other angles as well.
- Relatively little attention is given to his interesting doctrines of innateness, or, more generally, his ontology of thought.
Palabras que riman con innateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.