Definición de insolation en inglés:
1Exposure to the sun’s rays.
- In summer, various shading devices including adjustable sun protecting blinds and coloured curtains reduce insolation.
- While not advocating planar glazing, I wonder if there couldn't have been a less strident approach to making the glass walls, which themselves are causing some problems of insolation and glare.
- The perforation pattern was carefully designed to maintain visual connectivity to the exterior while minimizing glare and insolation.
1.1The amount of solar radiation reaching a given area.
- Surface temperature affects the extent of habitat suitable for temperature sensitive species and is directly linked to insolation, air temperature, and wind.
- Actual insolation at Earth's surface and latitude ~ 33° N, some weeks after the autumnal equinox, will of course be less than this; let's call it an even 1 kilowatt per square meter.
- In the annual cycle experiments, however, low winter insolation causes the seaways to freeze.
early 17th century: from Latin insolatio(n-), from the verb insolare, from in- 'toward' + sol 'sun'.
Definición de insolation en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India