Definición de instead en inglés:
- Even as a baby she did not gurgle or babble in her cot and instead remained silent.
- So do they list a number for you to call instead, rather than waiting for them to call you back?
- I need to either find a way to make this clearer, or put complete entries on the page instead.
- They will try to find alternate means and may have a sandwich instead of a proper meal.
- The move will see the regular grey bin collected on a fortnightly instead of a weekly basis.
- In front of it, however, instead of a courtyard or public square, there is a car park.
stead from (Old English):
Old English stede meant ‘place’. From a Germanic source, it is related to Dutch stad ‘town’, German Statt ‘place’, from an Indo-European root shared by the verb stand. Instead (Middle English) is simply ‘in stead, in place of’ run together. The adjective steadfast [Old English] is literally ‘standing firm’; a homestead (Old English) is your ‘home place’; while if you are steady (Middle English) you are not easily moved from your place. See also place
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.