Definición de insurrection en inglés:
A violent uprising against an authority or government: the insurrection was savagely put down opposition to the new regime led to armed insurrection
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For a short while, the police continued to insist that they had thwarted an armed insurrection.
- Most of the uprisings were local insurrections against specific circumstances - usually the building of a castle or the exactions of a local Norman lord.
- One sector, led by the Ministry of Education and the Mayor of Caracas, called for a popular insurrection to defend the government.
- Example sentences
- Almost 40 years after its initial release it has tremendous resonance because it demonstrates the modus operandi of contemporary colonial oppression and reveals what gives rise to and fuels a nationalist insurrectionary movement.
- The demands for moral reform were also directed at an incomprehensible, and apparently subversive and insurrectionary, urban culture that actually intensified through attempts at repression and prohibition.
- The insurrectionary municipal government sought to prevent a confrontation with the powers, but it was nevertheless committed to the unilateral abolition of the Foreign Concessions, and the threat remained.
insurrectionist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- As far as the Empire was concerned, Gandhi was a troublemaker, an insurrectionist, and a traitor to the Empire.
- This was possible because of the efforts of the Philippine insurrectionists, who controlled most of the island.
- Unlike insurrectionists who resist government because it is repressive, vigilantes ‘take arms to do the government's work because the authorities are not repressive enough.’
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan