- 1Having or showing intelligence, especially of a high level: Annabelle is intelligent and hardworking an intelligent guessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He said that the media knew about the uniform floor rates and the increase in taxes was an intelligent guess.
- Backs can make intelligent guesses at what needs to be done; forwards just know it.
- Tina appears shy at first, but underneath that is a very hardworking, intelligent girl.
- 1.1(Of a device, machine, or building) able to vary its state or action in response to varying situations, varying requirements, and past experience.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet when it comes to our homes the future has already happened and intelligent houses have become a reality.
- So if you're the intelligent user of these super intelligent gadgets, you can rest easy.
- The show, and it is a show, features intelligent lighting and a state of the art sound system.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the sleeve notes he writes intelligently about the profound personal experience of his first trip to Moscow to make the recording.
- This is a man who does not just spout opinions, however, he is a man with thoughts who, when pressed, shares them intelligently.
- It was all done intelligently and compassionately, and remains a relief operation of which the nation deserved to feel proud.
early 16th century: from Latin intelligent- 'understanding', from the verb intelligere, variant of intellegere 'understand', from inter 'between' + legere 'choose'.