- To keep the lunar calendar synchronized with the solar year, an extra month was intercalated in summer as necessary, in so-called ‘embolismic’ years.
- An extra month is intercalated every three years, just before the month of Nisan.
- These four layers are intercalated by thick silty to sandy sequences.
- Brecciated ironstone is derived from the disruption of banded ironstone with which it is intercalated.
- The limestones are intercalated with thin shaly interlayers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Near the base of the succession there are local intercalations of thin-bedded pink micritic limestone, up to 20 cm thick.
- Most of the unit is composed of intercalations of differently coloured, pervasively foliated, purplish red or bluish grey varicoloured calcareous shales.
- The sediments form both relatively thick formations and thin intercalations between basalts.
Early 17th century: from Latin intercalat- 'proclaimed as inserted in the calendar', from the verb intercalare, from inter- 'between' + calare 'proclaim solemnly'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: in·ter·ca·late
Definición de intercalate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.