- 1The action of interfering or the process of being interfered with: he denied that there had been any interference in the country’s internal affairs an unwarranted interference with personal libertyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of these findings we decided to design an assessment without possible interferences between the cognitive and metacognitive processes.
- He predicted: ‘Over the years, unique professional traditions and qualities come into being, which will give judges the strength and the power to ward off outside interferences.’
- Largely they are smart, know what they are doing, and can surely handle their lives independently and successfully without such interferences at least.
- 1.1 Football The action of illegally interfering with an opponent’s ability to catch a passed or kicked ball.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In college, pass interference is a 15-yard penalty - period.
- Through four games the Redskins have been penalized once for pass interference, and they have not been penalized for defensive holding or illegal contact after five yards.
- Pass interference is by far the most annoying exclusion.
- 1.2 Football The legal blocking of an opponent or opponents to clear a way for the ballcarrier.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hamilton did hit Lewis, but pass interference is legal behind the line of scrimmage.
- 1.3 Baseball Any of various forms of hindering a player’s ability to make a play, run, hit, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Umpire Rich Carcia working right field saw no interference on the play although the call has been the subject of controversy ever since.
- Fortunately for the Tribe, the interference had no bearing on the inning as David Justice walked with the bases loaded before Jim Thome hit a grand slam.
- It appeared as if the A's were about to put together a rally, but Parker was called out for batter-runner interference even though he was never struck by the baseball.
- 1.4(In ice hockey and other sports) the illegal hindering of an opponent not in possession of the puck or ball.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The GAA has allowed physical interference off the ball as part of the game.
- The NHL should be applauded for yet another crackdown on obstruction and interference, which have damaged the entertainment value of the game severely.
- Obstruction and interference continue to infest the expansion-crazed NHL, but Roberts, Corson and Tucker can muck it up.
- 2 Physics The combination of two or more electromagnetic waveforms to form a resultant wave in which the displacement is either reinforced or canceled.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Atomic beams can act like light waves and exhibit all of the classic wave effects, like interference and refraction.
- In this case, the destructive interference occurs for waves traveling in most directions, but not for those ultimately heading toward the focal point.
- On the detecting screen we see a picture identical to one which is obtained from interference of waves.
- 2.1The fading or disturbance of received radio signals caused by unwanted signals from other sources, such as unshielded electrical equipment, or broadcasts from other stations or channels.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This makes wireless networks more immune to interference from other radio signals than if they transmitted on a single frequency.
- Every time you start your car ignition it causes interference to the radio band - so it's a very confusing technical issue.
- The said equipment must not cause interference to others.
- Football Move in such a way as to provide legal interference sense 1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Stubblefield is doing a lot of the dirty work, taking on blockers and running interference so his teammates can quickly close on the running backs.
- But it makes perfect sense if you think of them as blockers, running interference for Wilson.
- North American • informal Intervene on someone’s behalf, typically so as to protect them from distraction or annoyance: Elizabeth was quick to run interference and said that the professor would be very busyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In sharp contrast to the technology bust when law firms wanted to trim their ranks, many of today's firms are running interference in attempts to keep their associates from straying.
- Perhaps his worst infraction is this: He gets in the way, running interference to make sure that no other parasite-like creatures can be created on his watch.
- So he continues to lie shamelessly, secure in the knowledge that the mainstream media are running interference for him.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ultra high frequency modalities, magnetic field generators, interferential and ultra sound are some of those most frequently employed.
- The low interferential current is the result of two interacting medium frequency current produced by IF units.
- Experiments conducted with a variety of text images showed that this algorithm is effective for removing interferential curve in text image.
mid 18th century: from interfere, on the pattern of words such as difference.