- 1Situated within or inside; relating to the inside; inner: the interior lighting is not adequateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Moments later the door was lying in the courtyard and officers burst inside through an interior set of double glass doors.
- The church roof has been repaired and interior redecoration of the inside will start this year in the New Year.
- Installation of the door requires that a hole be cut through the siding on the outside, and through the drywall or other interior wallcovering on the inside.
- 1.1 [predic.] (interior to) chiefly • technical Situated further in or within: the layer immediately interior to the epidermisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Symmetric asters are shown in the deep interior region (green arrows).
- A narrow marginal band that is darker in color than the interior region of the shell appears in the example.
- 1.2Drawn, photographed, etc., within a building: a light that is ideal for every interior shotMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An illustrated catalogue features never before seen interior photographs of the Kennedy homes as well as seldom seen candid images of the Kennedy family.
- In the late afternoon and early evening I worked up some more of the interior photographs.
- The entire film takes place within a small assortment of sets, mostly interior shots.
- 2 [attributive] Remote from the coast or frontier; inland: the interior jungle regionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Crossing these landscapes are the meandering valleys of the rivers Avon, Stour, and Frome that link the south coast with the interior heartland of southern England.
- Toward the eastern coast there is an interior belt of green, hilly country that contains the Cape and Natal midlands.
- It's a disturbing, yet spiritual, journey; an almost surreal baring of the natural frontier akin to an interior landscape.
- 2.1Relating to internal or domestic affairs: the Interior DepartmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In a letter to the conference of German interior ministers, Amnesty International comes to similar conclusions regarding the situation in Afghanistan.
- For this reason it is quite possible that there will be no bargaining between the president and the minister of interior affairs - chief secretary for the special services.
- Britain was to the fore in pushing for the ratification of more than 30 measures discussed last Thursday by EU home affairs and interior ministers.
- 3Existing or taking place in the mind or soul; mental: an interior monologueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He provides us with an interior view of his mind as he sculpts with resin, light and shadow in his dramatic exhibition.
- I spent many years making mechanicals by hand and they truly are a reflection of the interior mind of their creator.
- We have a poverty of soul today, of interior feelings.
sustantivo(usually the interior) Volver al principio
- 1The inner or indoor part of something, especially a building; the inside: six men painting the outside of her house and three men painting the interiorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The nose and side moldings help offer an aggressive look while the interior of the car is understated and functional.
- Against common sense and regulations, the interiors of the cars were built with flammable materials.
- The trend is just one example of car interiors becoming much more interesting.
- 1.1An artistic representation of the inside of a building or room: a few still lifes, interiors, and landscapesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'll come back to this subject when I've done landscapes, buildings, interiors and flowers.
- Jowett's work included landscapes, interiors, and flower pieces in oils and watercolour.
- Vuillard's interiors with their strong decorative elements echo those of Matisse.
- 2The inland part of a country or region: the plains of the interiorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Apecchio is a small town in the interior of the Pesaro region.
- The Caribs roamed the heavily forested regions of the interior.
- Wooden shoes are an item of traditional dress among rural dwellers in the interior of the region.
- 2.1The internal affairs of a country: the Department of the InteriorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The DOS hold nine of the portfolios including ministerial post for the economy, foreign affairs and the interior.
- In return, however, it has taken 17 of 30 ministerial posts, including the key positions of foreign affairs, defence and interior.
- The ministers of defense, interior and foreign affairs are all from the same area.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet even without the former inhabitants the church seems to have interiorized the natural powers of a living land; it is steeped in them.
- For Sartre, every action aiming to transform the inhuman into the human must, in the first instance, interiorise a particular inhumanity.
- Worst, however, it interiorizes the private sphere, the locus for irrationality and anglophobia.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It then travels interiorly in the hypochondriac region, emerging at the lateral side of the lower abdomen near the femoral artery in the inguinal region.
- The holotype has a lower, flat band along the outer margins of the calyx and, as it is interiorly filled with sediments, shows considerable relief in the middle part.
- This new dynamic choice will profoundly affect the person's life not only interiorly, but also exteriorly.
late 15th century: from Latin, 'inner', comparative adjective from inter 'within'.